Weekly Challenges 2018 - 2019
Week beginning 17th Septmber:
1) Culture Night is on Friday, 21st September. There are free events on throughout
Dublin. Attend any event. Proof: take a photo of yourself at your chosen event. See the
Culture Night website for more information or download the Culture Night app.
2) Watch a documentary of your choice and write a review. There are lots of options on Netflix or on RTE Player. Proof: Bring the written review to your tutor class.
3) Go twenty four hours without sugar. Keep a log of what you eat for the day. Beware
of hidden sugars - check packaged food carefully! Proof: show the food log to your
Week beginning 10th September:
A) Write a Thank You card/letter to your favourite Junior Certificate teacher. Maybe you could tell him/her why you enjoyed his/her classes and the subject so much.
Proof: bring a photo of the card/letter to your tutor class
B) We are very lucky to go to school in such a beautiful location. Take some time this week to draw/sketch the view from the school. Proof: Bring the finished piece of art to your tutor class.
C) Use the school gym (or any other gym) for an hour.
Proof: get Simone (the manager of the sports hall) or another supervising adult to sign your journal. Week beginning 3rd September 2018
Choose ONE of the challenges listed and remember to bring the required to proof to your tutor class the following week (ie. week beginning 10th September) All challenges should take approximately one hour. If a photo is required as proof, please make sure you have it on your iPad or have emailed it in advance to your tutor. Printed versions also acceptable. Remember - mobile phones are not allowed in class.
1) Help a teacher for an hour after school. You could offer to make some posters for his/her classroom, to decorate and update the noticeboards or even devise some fun worksheets for first years. Proof: Ask the teacher in question to sign your journal on the day you help out.
2) Cook a healthy meal for your family. Look on websites such as www.bbcgoodfood.com for some inspiration! Proof: Take a photo of your family enjoying (we hope!) the meal
3) Bring one or more of the international students on a tour of Dalkey. Some suggestions: Bulloch Harbour, Dalkey Castle, Killiney Hill, Coliemore Harbour... You could do this as a group! Proof: Take some photos along the way and show them to your tutor. Note: You and the international student(s) must feature in the photos!